© 2012 GREY LIKES WEDDINGS. All Rights Reserved. A SITE BY DL/SH DESIGN.
Valentine’s Day is in two days! I know so many of you darlings visit from Grey Likes Weddings, so here’s a bit of inspiration for throwing a perfect little early morning Valentine’s breakfast for your new or soon-to-be husband–complete with printable banners and tags, of course.
The lovely Jacy from Hyssop Design created this perfect lavender and gold printable suite of goodies just for Nesting readers! I love breaking away from the typical red and pink, and of course adding sparkle. That’s a requirement.
Feb07 Valentine’s Sussies 2013
Oh my dear, Valentine’s Day is in 7 days! I’m a super fan of the holiday. Well, really, I’m a fan of any reason to throw a little sparkle on something and celebrate. One of my favorite things about holidays is the opportunity to hand make a little something to give away to the people I love and appreciate. One of my dearest friends calls these little somethings “sussies.” Apparently it’s a southern thing, and I think its adorable. So we’re going with it!
Here’s a roundup of some great DIY projects for making sussies for your friends, family, co-workers, or maybe even random neighbors and the mail man. It’s a perfect excuse to spread a little love!
Clockwise from the top left:
1. How adorable is this handmade card? All you need is birthday candles! [via Real Simple]
2. DIY Quill of DATE NIGHT Arrows?! Stop it right now. [via one of our most fave gals ever at Sugar & Cloth]
3. Little felt candle holders. Perfect quick and easy sussy! I especially love this one for co-workers and maybe for your kids to take to their friends at school. [via Purl Bee]
4. DIY treat bags. There are a million cute ways to make Valentine’s cookies and candies, but I think its ALL about the presentation. How adorable is this bag you can print yourself? [via Twig & Thistle]
Don’t you just love LOVE? Happy DIY-ing, ladies!
Jan08 Home Tour: Exposed brick and winter whites 2013
Jan07 Decorating for Winter 2013
Hello darlings! It’s been too long. Sorry for the little hiatus but I hope you had a fab holiday season and a wonderful New Year! I’ve got lots of great things planned for this month and I’m so excited to be back.
For starters, who else is dying that they had to take down the Christmas decor?! Ugh. It always leaves me feeling a little blue. This year I’ve been really trying to find some ways to incorporate some winter decor that can stay up through January and into February. I think the key here is to rely on some delicious winter whites. Here are a few ideas:
1. Warm things up with knitted blankets in shades of white and cream, or a totally cozy faux fur throw.
2. Bring nature indoors. Love the idea of branches, pinecones, twigs, etc. painted white or gold.
3. Figure out which Christmas ornaments can stay. Things that are more “winter” than Christmas don’t have to get packed up right away. Those shimmery mercury glass ornaments and reindeer accents, or some plain bulb ornaments in neutral colors can double as winter decor through the holidays.
Dec08 Grey Likes Artist: Oana Befort 2012
One of my favorite feelings is bringing a gift to a party and having the recipient know immediately that it’s from me just by looking at the wrapping. I’ve been trying to definitively decide what direction to take my Christmas wrapping this year, and I think I’ve found the absoute perfect fix.
These GORGEOUS watercolor Christmas gift tags were created by artist Oana Befort. And get this: She is offering them as a free download on her site! Can you even handle it?
If you’re into something a bit more modern looking, you can still get the geometric watercolored gift tags she created last year.
If you’re really feeling the love for Oana’s gift tags (like me), definitely download the matching wallpaper for your computer. So festive.