© 2012 GREY LIKES WEDDINGS. All Rights Reserved. A SITE BY DL/SH DESIGN.
May15 Just right pink. 2013
I’ve decided that pink just isn’t used enough. I saw this totally chic and fabulous room with just the right amount of pink, and I decided we need to champion a total pink comeback. It doesn’t have to be juvenile or overtly feminine. It can be balanced, like this:
The just-enough floral and soft textiles make the room feminine, but the modern lines on the sofa and tables bring it back to the happy middle. The happy and totally chic middle.
Here’s a few items to get the look:
1. Throw pillows, floral and otherwise: I think the key here is to get a variety of pillows in the same color palette. These options featured are both affordable and from West Elm.
2. These geometric and metallic nesting tables are gorg, right? Anything gold with super clean lines would work well here.
3. Ah, the moroccan pouf. If you’re unsure about bringing color in, this is a great way to test the waters. This pink one from Serena and Lilly is a little on the pricey side, but the color is so on point I had to share. If you’re super DIY-friendly, you could also try this tutorial for making your own.
4. The paper mache animal heads from West Elm. This one is a wildebeest, to be precise. Kind of a polarizing figure these days because it seems like they are everywhere. Hear me when I say this–they are everywhere because they are adorable. I recently took the plunge and added some animal love to my living room and I really dig the eye-catching dimension it brings to the wall. Again for you DIY-crazed folks, here’s a way to make your own for super cheap.
5. I feel like this faux sheepskin rug from Ikea is one of the best accessories of the century. It’s $10. Not joking you. Every fabulous room needs a little fur, and this is a totally realistic way to accomplish that. So chic, so Scandinavian.
6. Adding a fun art print is a great touch. I super love this watercolor print from Caitlin McGauley.
Obviously, one of the statement pieces in this room is the capiz shell chandelier. Check back later for a round up of some options for getting the look on any budget.
Top photo from Lisebery.